- Soulver 3 has been notarized (this is required to run on 10.15 Catalina)
- You can now choose a custom font from the standard macOS font panel
- Fixed a bug where "Copy expressions & answers" was not working when invoked from the answer column's contextual menu
- Fixed a bug where deleting the last line from the answer column would cause a crash
- Fixed a bug where a sheet's scroll position would reset during a currency update
- Fixed a bug where line references in subtotal lines were not being rendered correctly
- 21 misc improvements to Soulver 3's math engine
The most significant new features are:
Create and edit Soulver files (.slvr) in place.
- The integrated sheets manager is a convenient default for most users, but it is also helpful to be able to save and edit Soulver files in the traditional way in Finder too. Go to File > New > External Documentto make a new external soulver document.
Default formatting options.
- You can now set your preferred default formatting options for answers. Go to Edit > Tweak Engine… > Answers. This is helpful if you want to always turn notation off by default or set a different default precision. You can always override the defaults for a line by setting any formatting option manually, either through theLine > Formatting Optionsmenu, or in the line's contextual menu.
- This update brings a new formatting option: Fractionize where possible. The default is off, but when you turn this on for a line (or in the default formatting options), then Soulver will convert your answer into a fraction when it makes sense to do so. For example,1.75will be formatted as1 3/4.